Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Free Beer At The End Was The Best Reward!!


On Sunday March 27th 2011 I ran my first race ever. The Manchester Shamrock Shuffle. It was a 2 mile race I did with some friends for fun. I wanted to get a race under my belt, So I knew what to expect at my 5K in April. My goal was to just run the whole thing. I was sure I could since I run 2+ miles in training, but I wanted to see what I could do in a racing environment. Well I ended up cutting over a minute off my normal mile pace. I am totally surprised with this! Don't get me wrong, it was tough work and I struggled keeping up that pace. But it was way better then I expected.
 My Brother/Coach did the race with me and ran the whole thing by my side even though I am sure I run at his walking pace. This was very helpful and I am so grateful for his coaching! Not only did he help me know what to do to prep for a race but also he helped walk me through the whole thing. I also feel he contributed to my faster pace and now he will be forced to run every race with me :)
 All in all the race was challenging and fun! And the free beer at the end was the best reward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment