Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hitting the Pavement!

I decided to shake things up a bit for my workout today. I had such a miserable time last week with my training that I had to do something to keep up my motivation. Since the temp wasn't so bad out today, and the road was pretty clear of snow and slush, I took my run outside to the road. I was nervous at first, but once I got to it, it was great!!! I could totally see my improvement. The running part was tough at first but once I got my pace I felt great. And when my running sets were done I didn't feel the normal feeling of "Finally" it was more like "Oh, okay I can stop now". And I felt I could have got further if I needed to.
 This is just the running experience I needed to keep my motivation up! I feel like I can reach that 5K goal and maybe more! Instead of feeling dread and doubt, I feel excited and think this goal is totally within reach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment