Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fake It Til You Make It!

I recently bought myself a new running outfit. Like the real kind that real runners wear! I outfitted myself with clothing that will keep me warm in this winter weather so I never have to run on a treadmill again.
Well I wore the outfit for the first time today, and I felt like an impostor. I wore clothing for a runner. I looked like a runner. But I still don't think of myself as a runner. I feel like everyone was looking at me in my new running clothing and thinking "Why is she wearing those clothes she is not a real runner".  (I know, I know it's just clothing)
I have been doing my C25K for almost 8 weeks now, I am still walking about a 1/3 of my workouts. I realize I have come so far but I still can't call myself a runner. So at what point can I call myself a runner? When will I feel like a runner?

No comments:

Post a Comment