Thursday, January 20, 2011

So what if I am a June Cleaver type with my apron and fresh baked cookies!

I read a blog post today about a mother who regretted choosing to stay home with her children. I fully understand her feelings, and realize some mothers make better mothers when they work out of the home. But she make us stay at home moms, who are better mothers home with the kids, sound like some freak of nature June Cleaver types. I do wear an apron and bake cookies with my kids. I fully enjoy bringing my kids to school and conversing with the other Mothers. I am in no way peppy or out to make working Moms feel bad for their decisions. I am thankful that I can stay home with my kids, but it comes with much sacrifice. Financial and personal. In my former life before children I was a hairdresser. My hair and nails were done on a regular basis. Pedicures happened once or twice a month, rather then once or twice a year if I am lucky. I always had my own cash in my pocket and never had to depend on someone else for money. Now I don't have time or money for making myself a diva. Also with being a hairdresser I was with people all day. Talking to different people all the time. Now I am lucky to have a conversation with the hubby. But with all that change, I will never regret my decision to stay home with my kids. After years of thinking I could never be one of those stay at home Mom types, I realized I can be. And I am damn good at it. I don't even mind the sacrifices so much. I will have years of focusing on me when they are older. Now I want to be with them and enjoy their childhood. And so what if I am a June Cleaver type with my apron and fresh baked cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Jyoti. You will never regret this time in your life and your children will be all the better for your commitment to them. I am glad you have embraced motherhood so wholeheartedly. Keep up the good work :) Connie

    ReplyDelete