Thursday, December 16, 2010

Have you met Ted?

Okay so his name is Fred not Ted, I just really wanted to make a How I Met Your Mother reference. Random. Anyway Fred is our Elf on the Shelf. If you have young children i recommend getting your family one as well! He is this creepy little Elf that you place around your house at Christmas time. According to his story, at night while the kiddos are sleeping he flies to see Santa and tells him if the children of the house have been naughty or nice. Then he flies back and lands in a new spot every morning. I thought it was a great idea, and was very excited to receive our little guy as a gift this year. The very night we got him, after the kiddies were in bed, I put out are little elf in a obvious spot that would be easy for The Princess to find, along with his story book that explains who he is and what he does. First thing the book says is to name your elf, giving a few examples including Fred. Since Kylie is not very good about coming up with names on her own she went with Fred. Every morning the first thing Kylie does is look for Fred and what silly place he landed in. He also works great with correcting behavior! One little threat that the Elf is watching she snaps right into a good little girl. For a short while anyway. 
 I have to admit I find Fred very creepy and I always feel like he is staring at me. It's all a bit sketchy! But the kids love it, and I am all for new traditions that the kids will hopefully remember fondly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment